Congratulations to all newly elected and returning Club, Society & Project Officers for 2019/20!
You are now one of 2,500+ volunteers who have stepped forward to improve the experience of students across Imperial and beyond. You play a big part in the Union and its success.
So, you’ve successfully secured your place on a committee, exams are over (or nearly over...) and Welcome Fair is on the horizon but so far away. Now what…?
Enter the 2019 Officer Academy!
When & Where?
Wednesday 25th September - Charing Cross
The Reynolds Building, St Dunstan's Road, London W6 8RP
|Registration||12:15 - 12:45|
|Welcome||12:45 - 13:15|
|Workshops (Block 1)||13:30 - 15:00|
|Workshops (Block 2)||15:15 - 16:45|
|Networking/Lunch||16:45 - 17:30|
Friday 27th September - South Kensington
The Union Building, Beit Quadrangle, SW7 2BB (SK campus)
|Registration||9:15 - 09:30|
|Welcome||09:30 - 10:15|
|Workshops (Block 1)||10:15 - 11:45|
|Networking/Lunch||12:00 - 14:00|
|Workshops (Block 2)||14:15 - 15:45|
Who is expected to attend?
Workshops are open to all new and returning committee members (CSP 'Officers') however, those in the following positions are expected to attend:
- President/Chair/Club Captain
Why sign up?
Cheerful, clear communication, relaxed and well organised
Great, glad I came! I feel more confident
Trainers were knowledgeable and engaging
Useful, both personally and for my society
Great introduction to all CSP things. Should be compulsory!
Many questions were answered. I now feel better prepared to be a CSP officer
- 2017 and 2018 attendees
What will you get out of the day?
- Lunch, drinks and snacks
- Officer Academy goodie bag
- A tailored, role-specific induction (for Principal Officers - President, Treasurer & Secretary roles)
- Structed networking opportunities to get to know your fellow CSP Officers, Union staff, your Officer Trustees and your 'Management Group'
- 1-2-1 advice specific to your Club, Society or Project
- A head start in planning your year over the summer
- Step 1: Take a look at the schedule for the day, including workshops
- Step 2: Complete the correct registration webform below (note there are two forms - one for South Kensington and one for Charing Cross)
- Step 3: Turn up!
Key things to remember
- The number of workshops on offer vary, with limited places available; most workshops will get fully booked pretty quickly!
- By registering online you can secure a place on your chosen workshops
- We cannot guarantee your place if you have not registered online, however we will try our best to accomodate you where possible on the day
- It is simply not possible to attend all workshops on offer so we suggest you split sessions among your committee to cover as much as possible