The Board of Trustees, the most senior governing body of Imperial College Union is recruiting a Chair Of Trustees and two External Trustees to join our Board of Trustees.
The board provides the strategic direction and vision of the organisation. It ensures that we are working towards Our Strategy 2020-2021, and verifies that our staff and student leaders are conducting their activities safely and legally. It also approves Imperial College Union’s annual budget and examines its financial performance, issuing our annual reports.
The Board of Trustees comprises:
- The five Officer Trustees
- Two elected Student Trustees
- Two appointed Student Trustees
- The Union Council Chair
- Four External Trustees
- One Alumni Trustee
External Trustees are selected from industry and academia for their expertise, external viewpoint and experience.
Officially, there are to eight official Board meetings per year, with three to four additional subcommittee meetings per year, averaging out at approximately one meeting per month. The subcommittees are:
- Appointments & Remuneration
- Finance & Risk
Trustees are accountable for delivering the responsibilities detailed in the Constitution & Bye-Laws and Board of Trustees Policy. All Trustees have a duty to:
- Ensure that Imperial College Union acts in accordance with its charitable objects, constitution and other guiding documents and remains true to its Mission, Vision and Values
- Help Imperial College Union achieve its objectives and improves the lives of its members
- Ensure that Imperial College Union complies with all relevant legislation and regulations, including relevant Charities Acts and Education Acts, and related regulatory requirements
- Ensure that Imperial College Union does not undertake activities that put its financial stability, members or reputation at undue risk
- Participate fully in Board meetings and join one of the Board’s subcommittees
- Use their personal skills and experience to ensure Imperial College Union is well run and efficient
- Add value to the Board and the Union through generating ideas, broadening thinking and supporting and promoting innovation and creativity.
To find out more about the role, please refer to the attached job description here.
Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining why you think you would be suitable for the role to Victoria Agbontaen - Governance Officer at email@example.com
The deadline for applications is Monday 4 Jan 2021 9am.