Felicite de Buchet
My name is Felicite and I am running to be next year’s ICWB President. I study Biological Sciences with Management, in my 3rd year. A couple of months into my degree I realised that I was interested in healthcare businesses and I saw investment banking as the route to take me there one day. I attended events, such as insight days (McKinsey, Morgan Stanley) or spring weeks (J.P. Morgan) and ultimately it helped me secure an internship at Lazard. However, I often found that I was doing all the research myself, trying to find those events, the deadlines, how to apply etc…
While other societies often host events and workshops, I felt quite discouraged seeing I was one of the only girls there. Therefore, it is my ambition is to give back to the Imperial community. I want to help ICWB grow its presence on campus, giving female students any support that they need as they chase their career ambitions! Some of the initiatives I hope to implement over the coming year:
• A regular ICWB Newsletter with information about events and upcoming deadlines/opportunities
• CV, Cover-letter and interview workshops
• Fun socials to bring together like-minded girls, building a support network for all our members!
• Invite entrepreneurs and businesswomen to come share their insights
• Joint events with Finance/Investment/Consulting/Law society throughout the year to maximise the opportunities for you guys!
Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you will consider me as your ICWB president!