My name is Abbie and I’m running to be your next Friends of MSF President. Over the past two years, FoMSF has flourished as a society and I am grateful to have been a part of this process.
The values of our society are, simply put, to fundraise, raise awareness and encourage students to consider a career in MSF/humanitarian aid. These values have become embedded in me through being involved in fundraising events, such as our bubble tea and cake sales and the inter-uni Fun Run, as well as a number of informative and thought-provoking lectures and conferences we have held. My experience in various committee positions, including Vice President: Marketing, Head of Sponsorship, Fundraising Officer and Publicity Officer, means that I have a good grasp of the different aspects and management skills involved in achieving a society’s goals.
Over the upcoming year, I hope to keep up the momentum of our society by:
○ Working with committee members to organise and come up with new ideas for fundraising and events
○ Supporting the planning of humanitarian innovation events such as Mapathons, Makathons and collaborations with other societies
○ Promoting awareness of MSF and advocating social media campaigns
○ Communicating with other London FoMSF groups and strengthening our relationship to hold more inter-uni events
○ Encouraging more socials to build committee camaraderie
Above all, I am keen on making sure that FoMSF remains a friendly and welcoming society, and I look forward to working with passionate and like-minded people to achieve our aims!