Hi! I’m Tejal and I’m running to be your MathSoc Secretary next year.
During the past 2 years at Imperial I have been a keen member of MathSoc, attending many of their social events, and so I would love to be part of committee next year to continue building MathSoc’s reputation. I believe I’d make a great secretary as I am very organised from being part of Hindu society’s and Women in Maths’ committees this year. I’ve learnt what it’s like to be in a committee so internally I’ll be able to make sure communication is good between committee members. I have also built excellent time management and communication skills which are crucial for this role.
My aims as Secretary for the next year:
- Introduce to the emails a “math meme of the week”
- Be reliable and prompt concerning interactions with the union to allow our events to run as smoothly as possible
- Create good connections with other societies so we can hold more joint events (as vice chair of Jain society I have collaborated with other universities)
- Ensure to send out informative emails every week so that you know what’s going on regarding upcoming events of MathSoc and its sponsors, as well as any departmental events that may be of interest, for example Women In Maths and UG Colloquium
- Keep MathSoc feeling inclusive by asking for feedback and ideas from its members
So if you want the best emails ever, please vote for me!