Name: Bryan Tan Kai Chin
Course: 1st Year Chemical Engineering
Proposer: Zoe Cheah (2nd Year Biological Sciences)
Seconder: Ngu Ming Jiun (3rd Year Chemical Engineering)
The uniqueness of Msoc is that it is a home away from home, with a bunch of passionate and loving people that are willing to sacrifice everything for this family. People in Msoc have helped me throughout this journey, from settling down to having fun to creating memories and I sincerely wish to contribute towards this family by providing help and support for the sake of the generations to come. I was the Treasurer in my high school Japanese society, so I have experience in bookkeeping and managing finances.
As a Treasurer, I will
• Work closely with the committee to plan an annual budget
• Ensure that all sectors are well-funded in terms of necessity and the impact towards members
• Ensure that all events will be subsidised
• Ensure that everything is within budget and avoid unnecessarily spending
• Give a monthly record of the accounts to the committee
• Keep track of the financial situation of the society and prepare to make changes if any unexpected circumstances occur
• Free snacks for all events and practices
Possible changes will be the amount of allocations in sectors like Events, Welfare and Sports. Lastly, I would always build upon the foundations laid by my predecessors and not only preserve the amazing culture and tradition of Msoc, but also improve it in terms of financial stability and efficiency.