Beit Venues is the branch of the Union offering external hire of Imperial College Union Spaces for functions and events. All revenue raised through external hire goes directly towards the continued improvement of the facilities and services that we provide to our students.
Imperial College Union was conceived in 1907 when Sir Arthur Acland, a member of the governing body of Imperial College London, identified the need for a place for students to congregate and develop a collegiate social life. Named after Otto Beit, a philanthropic member of the Governing Body of the College, the North Building of Beit Quadrangle was built in 1910-1911 by Sir Aston Webb, the same architect that built the Victoria & Albert Museum, and designed the Mall approach to Buckingham Palace, including the Victoria Memorial.
Since its establishment, the student led organisation that is the Union has been enhancing the education and development of over 15,000 members every year. The Union’s membership consists of over 300 Clubs, Societies & Projects, and is utilised as a social hub for Imperial College London students.
Between 2006-2011, the Union Building benefitted from an extensive refurbishment project, and in 2013 the Union received its Charitable Status. To this day, it continues to offer invaluable services and support to Imperial College London students.